Friday 21 March 2014

Candidate Rob Power on Kilcullen potholes

Several residents have raised the issue of potholes on main street of Kilcullen recently, writes Rob Power, FF candidate in the Naas Area. The condition of the road is especially bad on the route from the town to the school.

As Kilcullen continues to sit within the Athy district until after the local elections in May, I have asked my colleague Cllr Martin Miley to raise this issue at the next meeting of Athy area councillors. The following motion has been submitted at my request:

“In light of the deterioration of the Main Street into Kilcullen, that the council would move to tar it immediately.”

I am hopeful that the council will give this matter the attention it deserves and move to treat the road as soon as possible. I will be in touch with Cllr Miley in relation to any developments and I look forward to updating residents on this issue after that.

This post was provided by the candidate.

No comments:

Post a Comment